The short answer is “it depends.” Auto transport quotes, costs, and rates take into consideration numerous factors. It’s not a simple calculation of the number of miles between Point A and Point B. If it was, every car, truck, boat, crane, heavy equipment, wide load or any type of vehicle going anywhere, at any time would have the same cost. Just think about the different factors that can impact the transporting of a salvaged SUV from Miami Beach to NYC in the summertime or hauling a prized custom hot-rod from Cincinnati to Chicago in the dead of winter – the transport effort is not the same and neither will the pricing.
Distance, vehicle make and model are just a few variables. Other cost factors can include:
- Vehicle condition operable or not
- Pick Up and Destination remote route versus popular destinations
- Time of Year peak or off season
- Road Conditions dangerous winter conditions or clear summer sight lines
- Traffic Volume construction zones or high-traffic areas that impact travel times
- Requested Delivery Services closed carriers, door-to-door service, expedited requests
- Special Services wide loads, heavy loads, freight, permits and escorts required
Another consideration is your needed turn-around time. The longer you wait to schedule car carrier service, the more difficult it will be to get the exact pickup and delivery dates and times that you want. Give yourself as much lead time as possible.
In the end, make calls, get quotes and work with someone who not only has a reasonable price, but provides professional service and has a good reputation. It’s your valuable property so choose a vehicle transportation service that is transparent, responsive, and gives you the service you expect.